Rhode Island Starters
Colome, Moffitt, Streeter, Oberg, Jorgensen
Benzan, Boehm, Raster, Bush, Skinner
How it Happened
Harvard (6-6) established control early on, putting the game out of reach in the first half. The Crimson built up a 25-6 advantage in the first quarter and limited Rhode Island to just one basket in the second quarter to take a commanding 46-9 lead into the break.
The Rams (5-7) played the Crimson evenly in the second half, outscoring Harvard 38-34, thanks in part to nine second-half points by Jessica Rogers. However, Rhode Island's first half deficit was too much to overcome as the Crimson eased their way to the 80-47 victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Redshirt freshman Jessica Rogers led Rhode Island with a career-high 12 points on the afternoon. She was the only Ram do score in double figures.
- Prior to this afternoon's game, Rogers had scored just two points on the season - both of which came on free throws. The Rutherford, N.J. native - who had yet to attempt a field goal - had logged just six minutes on the season and had not seen the floor since Rhody's Nov. 13 game against Robert Morris. She finished today's game with 3-of-7 from long range and 3-for-4 from the free-throw line.
- Juniors Nicole Jorgensen and Elemy Colome and sophomores Maia Moffitt and Marta Vargas tied for the team lead in rebounds, with four each. Vargas also recorded a team-best four assists.
- As a team, the Rams were out-rebounded 49-34.
- Harvard also held the advantage in steals (8-2), bench scoring (27-23), second-chance points (18-5) and points in the paint (36-20).
- Seniors Dina Motrechuk and Jalissa Ross, as well as redshirt sophomore Meghan Oberg, each blocked a pair of shots for the Rams, who finished with six blocks to Harvard's one.
- Fourteen different players saw the floor for Harvard. Rhode Island used 10 different players.
- Five different players scored in double figures for Harvard - Jeannie Boehm (14), Katie Benzan (13), Madeline Raster (12), Sydney Skinner (10) and Rachel Levy (10).
- Boehm also registered a game-best 14 rebounds while Benzan dished out a game-high seven assists.
The Rams return to action on Jan. 5, when they travel to Richmond to open Atlantic 10 play against the Spiders. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.