Feb 05, 2019
RHODE ISLAND at LA SALLE
Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 11:00 a.m.
Tom Gola Arena - Philadelphia, Pa.
RHODE ISLAND VS. LA SALLE - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday will be the 34th meeting between Rhode Island and La Salle.
- The Explorers hold a 26-7 advantage in the all-time series dating back to 1985.
- The last time the two teams faced, Rhode Island had the 72-63 win in the Ryan Center.
- This will be the Ram's first trip to the Tom Gola Arena since Jan. 9, 2017. The Explorers took the 70-51 victory on
their home court.
- The Rams are looking to snap a five-game losing streak, most recently falling to Dayton 74-62.
- Deja King leads La Salle with 9.0 points per game.
JORGENSEN SURPASSES 500 REBOUNDS
- Last time out against Dayton junior Nicole Jorgensen had eight rebounds.
- Her third rebound of the game was the 500th of her career.
- She needs 109 rebounds to crack the Rhody top 10 and pass Lindsay Harris who had 613 career rebounds in 2006-10. • As a sophomore, the Quincy, Mass. native had 204 rebounds. She has 151 through 21 games this season.
- Jorgensen is also less than 200 points away from scoring 1,000 on her career.
- With 850 career points, she is just 150 away from the milestone.
- Jorgensen has a chance to be the 22nd Ram in program history to reach 1,000 points.
- The last Ram to do so was Charise Wilson (2014-18) who had 1,428 career points.