Mar 05, 2019
RHODDE ISLAND at DUQUESNE
Tuesday, March 5 at 7:00 p.m.
A.J. Palumbo Center - Pittsburgh, Pa.
RHODE ISLAND VS. DUQUESNE - SERIES NOTES
- Tuesday will be the 55th meeting between Rhode Island and Duquesne, and the second time this season.
- The Dukes hold a 33-21 advantage in the all-time series, most recently defeating the Rams 75-58 in the regular season matchup last month.
- Rhody last beat Duquesne 71-69 in the Ryan Center on Feb. 18, 2017.
- Chassidy Omogrosso leads the Dukes averaging 11.9 points per game. Duquesne enters Tuesday on a five-game winning streak.
RHODY AT THE A-10 TOURNAMENT
- The Rams are looking for their first win in the opening round of the Atlantic 10 Championship in two seasons.
- The last Rhody win in the conference tournament came in a 81-76 win over Saint Joseph's in the first round of the 2016 Championship.
- Last year, the Rams fell to Fordham 75-53 in the first round and fell 77-51 to St. Joe's in the 2017 tournament.
- Rhode Island is 6-13 in the first round of A-10's.
MOTRECHUK MOVES INT0 THIRD IN CAREER BLOCKS
- Senior Dina Motrechuk is now third in Rhode Island history with 133 career blocks.
- Motrechuk had five blocks against Massachusetts on March 2and claimed third place, passing Sam Tabakman who had 132 stops from 2012-16.
- Naomi Graves (1978-82) ranks first all-time with 259 total blocks.
- Motrechuk has 33 blocks in 26 games of the 2018-19 season. She had a total of 23 stops during the 2017-18 season.
- She set the program's single-game record of eight blocks in the Ram's win at Saint Louis on Jan. 16.
- Motrechuk matched the previous record (6) three times her sophomore year - against Bryant, Dartmouth and Massachusetts.
- After missing the 2018-19 season opener against Boston College due to injury, Motrechuk picked up right where she left off and made two stops in the win at Robert Morris.
- The Staten Island, N.Y. native made a season-high five blocks against Bryant her junior year.
- Motrechuk led the Atlantic 10 her sophomore season with 2.5 blocks per game and 68 total.
- The 68 blocks ranked third on URI's single-season list.