Posted: Nov 09, 2019
RHODE ISLAND AT HARTFORD
Sunday, Nov. 10 at 2:00 p.m.
Chase Arena - West Hartford, Conn.
RHODE ISLAND VS. HARTFORD - SERIES NOTES
- Sunday will be the seventh meeting between Rhode Island and Hartford.
- The Hawks hold a 4-2 record in the all-time series.
- The last time the two teams faced was on Dec. 11, 2018.
- Hartford handed the Rams a 65-51 loss at the Ryan Center.
- Rhody is looking to snap a three-game win streak by the Hawks in the series.
- Hartford most recently fell 43-41 against Hofstra. The Rams opened their season with a 79-56 victory over LIU.
- Sophomore Jordan McLemore and junior Jada Lucas led the Hawks with 10 points per game.
- Freshman Carmen Villalobos had nine rebounds for Hartford last time out.
- Hartford was selected to finish fifth in the America East preseason poll.
RAMS DOMINATE SEASON OPENER, EARN REISS FIRST CAREER WIN
- Rhode Island opened its 2019-20 season with a 79-56 victory over LIU last time out.
- The victory was the first career win for head coach Tammi Reiss.
- It was the first season-opening victory for a head coaches debut since Nancy Langham started in the 1977-78 season.
- The Rams had four score in double figures in the win. Senior Nicole Jorgensen had a game-high 29 points while redshirt junior Erin Jones added a career-high 12. Redshirt senior Davida Dale and junior Marta Vargas each had 10 points in the victory.
- Dale dished out a career-high six assists.
- Junior Maia Moffitt grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds.
JORGENSEN CLOSING IN ON 1,000 POINTS
- Rhode Island senior Nicole Jorgensen is on track to reach 1,000 points in her last year with the Rams.
- In the season-opening win over LIU, the Quincy, Mass. native had 29 points, leaving her with just 10 points until 1,000.
- Jorgensen would be the 22nd Ram in program history to reach the 1,000 club.
- Last season, Jorgensen scored 370 points in 28 games, averaging 13.2 points per game.
- Jorgensen set the record her sophomore year with 17 field goals made in a game against Fordham.
- She went 17-of-22 from the field, cruising past the record previously held by Charise Wilson who had 15 field goals against Samford on Nov. 20, 2016.
- The 35 points were the third-best points scored in a single game. The last Ram to score 35 points in a game was Megan Shoniker against Saint Louis on Feb. 13, 2011. Shoniker reached this milestone twice in one season.
FRESHMEN IMPRESS IN DEBUT
- Rhode Island freshmen Kassondra Brown and Brazil Harvey-Carr both had impressive debuts in their first game with the Rams.
- Brown scored seven points on 3-of-4 shooting from the charity stripe. She added seven rebounds in 18 minutes off the bench.
- Harvey-Carr played 13 minutes and scored six points on a perfect 2-of-2 from beyond the arc. She grabbed four defensive rebounds.