RHODE ISLAND (0-7)
Starters: Brennan (GK), Waldron, D'Anna, Haggerty, Bike, Bentick, Osmanski, Mayo, Schafer, Goncalves, Brodeur
Substitutes: Elworthy, Wakeford, Reilly, Ludviksdottir, Pignatelli, Cabral
Starters: Leitner (GK), Colbert, Williams, Kopp, Gowing, Cavanaugh, Colbert, Stackel, Summers, Bracamonte
Substitutes: Argenziano, Adams, Falkenstein, Webb, Badovinac, Malone
11:32 - ALBANY - Williams (Cavanaugh)
12:49 - ALBANY - Stackel
36:09 - ALBANY - Williams (Colbert)
56:31 - ALBANY - Cavanaugh (Kopp)
64:18 - URI - Wakeford - Reilly
How it Happened
A dominant Albany offense resulted in a 4-1 loss for the Rams on Sunday afternoon.
The Great Danes went up a quick 2-0 after a goal by Mariah Williams that was followed by a shot from Claire Stackel less than a minute later. Williams struck again to give Albany a 3-0 lead going into halftime.
A header by Meghan Cavanaugh pushed the Great Dane lead to 4-0 in the second half. Rhode Island got on the board at 25:42 when Emily Wakeford found the back of the net with a shot assisted by Jadyn Reilly. However it was not enough as Albany held onto the lead and the Rams took the eventual loss.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Emily Wakeford had the lone goal for the Rams, her first of the season.
- Freshman Jadyn Reilly earned her first career assist.
- Senior Madison Waldron led the Rams with two shots, both on goal.
- Albany held a strong advantage in shots, 22-8. The Great Dane defense held the Rams to just three shots in the first half.
- Senior Haley Brennan had eight saves. Her counterpart, Andrea Leitner, faced four shots.
The Rams continue their road swing, as they travel to face Brown on Sunday, Sept. 16. Game time is set for 1 p.m.