RHODE ISLAND (0-15-1, 0-7-1 A-10)
Starters: Brennan (GK), D'Anna, Bike, Elworthy, Wakeford, Robbins, Schafer, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Brodeur, Embla Ludviksdottir
Substitutes: Freeman (GK), Waldron, Haggerty, Bentick, Pignatelli, Mandarini, Cabral
SAINT JOSEPH'S (11-4-2, 6-2-0 A-10 A-10)
Starters: Bendon (GK), Mills, Racis, Finneyfrock, Filippo, Bower, Bergman, Ryan, Galen, Ehresman, Vagnozzi
Substitutes: D'Ambra, Leonzi, Trickey, Behr, Wallace, Losavio, Cuhna, Hartwell-Miller, Cacchione, Peev, Volm, Peterson
13:56 - SJU - Mills (Racis)
29:53 - SJU – D'Ambra (unassisted)
46:44 – SJU – Mills (unassisted)
50:34 – SJU - Bower (Vagnozzi)
59:47 – SJU - Racis (Bergman)
How it Happened
Dakota Mills scored twice and Hannah Racis added one goal and one assist as Saint Joseph's beat Rhode Island 5-0 on Senior Day Sunday afternoon.
Mills opened the scoring with her first goal in the 14th minute off an assist from Racis. The Hawks (11-4-2, 6-2-0) added to the lead when Kylie D'Ambra scored an unassisted tally in the 30th minute.
Mills added her second goal just three minutes into the second half, putting the Hawks up 3-0. Saint Joseph's added a goal from Morgan Bower in the 51st minute, and Racis capped the scoring with a goal in the 60th minute.
Inside the Box Score
- Before the match, Rhode Island honored seven seniors. Madison Waldron, Alexa Elworthy, Emily Wakeford, Michaela Brodeur, Haley Brennan, Giovanna Mandarini and Sofia Cabral were all recognized.
- Rhode Island managed nine total shots, but only three were on goal.
- Saint Joseph's keeper Grace Bendon made three saves to record the shutout.
- Saint Joseph's used more reserves (12) than starters (11) in the game. A total of 41 players saw action for both teams.
- The five goals allowed matched a season high for the Rams.
- The shutout snapped a three-game streak of scoring one goal.
The Rams face VCU at home on Thursday, Oct. 18. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.