RHODE ISLAND (0-17-1, 0-9-1 A-10)
Starters: Freeman (GK), Waldron, D'Anna, Haggerty, Bike, Elworthy, Wakeford, Bantick, Schafer, Sengphilom, Brodeur
Substitutes: Reilly, Mayo, Brennan, Pignatelli, Mandarini, Cabral
GEORGE MASON (13-5-0, 8-2-0 A-10 A-10)
Starters: Symmers (GK), Lee, Wicker, Chontosh, Aradottir, E. Littell, Collision, Van Der Vorst, Christian, Bradshaw, Elbeck
Substitutes: McQueen, Hamric, Lee, A. Littell, Adigo, Rivera, Karas, Reese, Bellinger, Yoon, Ashman, Kolcum
00:56 - URI - D'Anna (unassisted)
11:37 - MASON - Van Der Vorst (unassisted)
21:15 - MASON - Lee (Callison)
58:42 - MASON - Hamric (Christian)
66:49 - MASON - Reese (Yoon)
68:20 - MASON - Reese (unassisted)
How it Happened
Rhode Island jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead as Amanda Schafer took a shot - which was saved by George Mason's Morgan Symmers - just 44 seconds into the game. Rebecca D'Anna was there to collect the rebound and fire a shot into the lower left corner for the early 1-0 advantage.
The Patriots evened the score 10 minutes later however, when Emma Van Der Vorst netted a free kick from 20 yards out. Shannon Lee then put Mason up for good in the 22nd minute when she headed in a Rebecca Callison free kick.
Mason later tacked on three more goals in a 10-minute span in the second half to put the game out of reach.
Inside the Box Score
- The loss ends Rhode Island's season at 0-17-1.
- Freshman Rebecca D'Anna netted her first career goal to finish her rookie campaign tied for the team lead with six points (one goal, four assists). She is the team's only player to end the year with at least one goal and one assist.
- Sophomore Julia Freeman matched her career high with 11 saves on the afternoon.
- George Mason outshot Rhody 24-8, and put 16 attempts on frame to Rhody's five.
- The Patriots also held a 9-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Mason played more subs than starters in the match as 12 players saw action off the bench.