Rhode Island (4-8-4, 1-5-2 A-10)
Starters: Freeman (GK), D'Anna, Haggerty, Luker, Mogauro, Schafer, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Derry, O'Leary, Caso
Substitutes: Bentick, Fitzgerald, Ross, Ellis, Rosenthal
Richmond (6-8-2, 3-5-0 A-10)
Starters: Helbling (GK), Tritt, Morgan, Fine, Magenbauer, Anderson, Lucchesi, Wierman, Groves, Beam, Kennedy
Substitutes: Tripodi, Sutton, Hansen, Prillaman, Melnyk, King, Moushegian
55:49 - URI - D'Anna (Derry)
How it Happened
Rhode Island women's soccer earned its first Atlantic 10 victory since 2016 in a 1-0 win over Richmond at the URI Soccer Complex. The win also snapped the Rams 10-game winless streak.
Rhody held most of the control in the first half of play, getting six shots to the Spider's three.
The Rams limited Richmond to just three shots on goal in the second period en route to their first Atlantic 10 victory since the 2016 season.
Inside the Box Score
- Rhode Island recorded their first conference victory since winning against Davidson on Oct. 30, 2016.
- Sophomore Rebecca D'Anna netted her fourth goal of the season in the win. It was her fifth career goal.
- D'Anna led the team with three shots on goal.
- Freshman Emma Derry recorded her first career assist.
- Junior Julia Freeman made five saves in goal for the Rams. Her counterpart, Alex Helbling, made seven.
- Rhode Island held the advantage in shots (12-7) and corner kicks (6-4)
The Rams hit the road to face Saint Joseph's on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 7:00 p.m.