Jan 14, 2019
Rhode Island will hit the road on Tuesday, Jan. 15 for an Atlantic 10 matchup against Massachusetts. The Rams, who are 7-0, will take on the Minutewomen at 1 p.m.
Rhode Island vs. Massachusetts:
- This will be the 22nd matchup between the Rams and UMass. The Minutewomen lead the all-time series 18-3.
- The schools faced off last year at the Tootell Aquatic Center, where Massachusetts handed Rhode Island a 155-119 loss.
- At last year's meet, sophomore Brooke Kelley picked up her first individual win in the 200-yard IM.
- Last year, Massachusetts finished the Atlantic 10 Championship meet in sixth place with 355.50 points. The Rams' 162 put them in tenth.
- The teams first met in 1978, making the Minutewomen one of Rhody's oldest opponents.
Last Time in the Pool:
- Rhode Island returned to the pool on Sunday, Jan. 13 to take on Wagner. The Rams swam past the Seahawks in a 177-123 victory.
- Junior Sabrina Anderson won both the 1000- and 500-yard freestyle events.
- Junior Caitlin Guccione continued her streak of dominance in the butterfly events, winning both races.
- Senior Eliza Anderson and junior Maddie Horner earned the top two finishes in the 50-yard freestyle.
- Junior Maddie Horner, junior Mackenna Dunn, senior Grace Kneller and senior Eliza Anderson won the last event of the meet, the 400-yard freestyle relay.