Rhode Island will host Central Connecticut on Sunday, Feb. 3 at the Tootell Aquatic Center. Prior to the meet's 1 p.m. start time, the Rams will honor their four graduating seniors, Eliza Anderson, Caitlyn Blake, Grace Kneller and Nicole Petta, with a ceremony at 12:45 p.m.
Rhode Island vs. Central Connecticut
- Sunday's meet marks the tenth duel between the two schools. The Rams hold an 8-1 advantage in the series.
- Rhody's lone loss was at the first meeting between the schools in 1977. The Blue Devils earned a 69-61 victory at the Tootell Aquatic Center.
- This will be the teams' first time competing since 1991. At that meet, Rhode Island secured a 113-67 victory, just one of its three wins that season.
- The Rams have already taken on two of CCSU's Northeast conference foes: Bryant and Wagner. Rhody lost to Bryant but beat Wagner.
Last Time in the Pool
- Rhode Island suffered its second loss of the season at the Chace Athletic Center Pool last Wednesday, falling 201-99 to Bryant.
- Senior Nicole Petta broke two pool records in the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke events. Her two individual wins were the only first-place finishes by a Rhody athlete at that meet.
- Junior Sabrina Anderson edged out freshman Keely Hemminger by 0.7 seconds to earn second in the 500-yard freestyle.
- Senior Caitlyn Blake bested her sister, sophomore Kelly Blake to finish second in the 100-yard butterfly.