BOSTON, MASS. — The Rhode Island women's track team finished fourth out of eight teams at today's Harvard Beantown Invitational. The meet was highlighted by multiple personal best performances and URI top ten marks.The Rams started the new year of competition placing fourth with 71 points, behind Boston College, (75) Harvard, (98) Brown, (85) and Northeastern (117). The win for Northeastern was the first time in six seasons someone other than Harvard won the competition.
Gordon Track, Boston, Mass.
Highlights From the Track
- Senior Karlee Fowler won the pole vault with an ECAC mark of 11'11 3/4". She also ran a personal best of 9.37 seconds in the 60m hurdle prelims.
- Junior Greta Scott was secoond in the 200m with an indoor personal best and New England mark of 25.32 seconds.
- Senior Alyssa Brehler took third in the 3000m with a New England mark of 10:06.62 seconds.
- Junior Elaina Hobbs placed third in the high jump with 5'5" mark.
- Senior Rebecca O'Donnell was third in the triple jump with an indoor personal best and New England mark of 37'8 1/2".
- Junior Mikaila Amerantes finished fifth in the 500m with a personal best and New England time of 1:17.04 seconds.
- Freshman Molly Botts placed fifth in the weight throw with a mark of 52'1".
- Sophomore Kristina MacLure was fifth in the 60m hurdles with a personal best and New England time of 8.95 seconds. This makes her the seventh best URI individual all-time. She was also sixth in the long jump with a jump of 17'9 1/2".
- Junior Katie McNulty took fifth in the 1000m with a personal best and New England mark of 2:57.12 seconds.
- Junior Keilan Nova was fifth in the 200m with a New England time of 25.61 seconds.
- The mile relay of freshman Bethany DeLoof, Nova, senior Kylie McPherson and junior Sydney Sopchak took fourth with a final time of 4:00.45,
- Junior Saige Grazia ran a personal best and New England mark of 3:02.69 seconds in the 1000m.
- Freshman Ashley O'Loughlin had a personal best throw of 45'4 1/2 in the weight throw.
- Junior Natalie Sopchak ran a personal best time of 1:18.23 seconds in the 500m.
Rhode Island returns to action when they co-host the Sorlien Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 20th at 11:00 a.m. in Mackal Field House.