The Rhode Island women's track & field team returns to the track this Friday, Jan. 26 to compete in the John Thomas "Terrier Classic" hosted by Boston University.
The meet is scheduled to begin on Friday with the running events starting at 1:00 p.m. and field events at 2:00 p.m. at the Boston University Track and Tennis Center.
John Thomas Terrier Classic
Boston University Track and Tennis Center, Boston, Mass.
January 26-27, 2018
Live Results · Live Stream
Order of Events
1:00 p.m. - 60m Hurdles
1:05 p.m. - 60m Hurdle Invitational Trials (Top 27 verifiable entries)
1:10 p.m. - 800m Run
1:50 p.m. - 60m Dash
1:55 p.m. - 60m Dash Invitational Trials (Top 27 verifiable entries)
2:00 p.m. - 400m Run
2:40 p.m. - 60m Hurdle Invitational Finals
2:42 p.m. - 60m Dash Invitational Finals
2:45 p.m. - 500m Run
3:05 p.m. - 1000m Run
3:30 p.m. - 200m Dash
4:10 p.m. - Mile Run
5:20 p.m. - 4x400m Relay
6:05 p.m. - 3000m Run
7:20 p.m. - 5000m Run
2:00 p.m. - Women's Long Jump, Triple Jump to follow. (Top 36 verifiable entry marks)
2:00 p.m. - Women's Shot Put, Weight Throw to follow.
2:00 p.m. - Women's High Jump
2:00 p.m. - Women's Pole Vaults
11:00 a.m. - Distance Medley Relay
Last Time on the Track
Sorlien Invitational | Jan. 20, 2018
- Senior Karlee Fowler won the pole vault with a 11'11 3/4" mark. She also ran a personal best time of 28.54 seconds in the 200 meters.
- Sophomore Kristina MacLure won the 60 meters with a personal best and New England qualifying time of 7.79 seconds. Her time is the seventh best Rhode Island individual mark all-time.
- Junior Katie McNulty won the 800 meters with a New England qualifying time of 2:16.86 seconds.
- Junior Greta Scott won the 200 meters in a New England qualifying time of 25.37 seconds and was second in the 60 meters with a personal best time of 7.83 seconds.
- The 4x400 Relay team of MacLure, junior Keilan Nova, junior Mikaila Amerantes and Scott won with a season best, ECAC and New England qualifying time of 3:49.33 seconds.
- Amerantes was second in the 400 meters with a New England qualifying time of 57.41 seconds.
- Freshman Ani Armenakyan had a season-best weight throw of 48'10 1/4.
- Senior Breann Burns ran a seaso-best time of 27.03 seconds in the 200 meters and was third in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.97 seconds.
- Senior Kylie McPherson had a personal best throw of 32'0" in the shot put.
- Sophomore Dominique Twombly was third in the 200 meters with a season-best time of 25.93 seconds.