Black & Gold Invitational
Bryant University - Smithfield, R.I.
Highlights from the Track
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Bethany DeLoof, Lindsay Goulet, Kelly MacDonnell, and Carleisha Forteau placed third, clocking in at 48.62 seconds.
- DeLoof finished sixth in the 400 meter dash with a time of 58.16 seconds.
- Leah Wolf placed first in the javelin, with a throw of 144' 06".
- Samantha Andrews placed second in the hammer throw, marking 163" 10". Lysah Russell (155' 02"), Leah Wolf (144' 10"), and Molly Botts (144' 03") also earned points for the Rams.
- Andrews also placed fifth in the shot put, throwing 37' 10".
- Elaina Hobbs jumped 5' 3" in the high jump, good for third place.
- Kylie McPherson finished sixth in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 15.46 seconds.
- Kelly MacDonnell ran the 100 meter dash in 13.21 seconds, good for eighth.
- Bailey Thayer (2:22.51) and Chelsea Lee (2:23.00) finished second and third in the 800 meter.
- Natalie Sopchak placed third in the 400 meter hurdles (1:06.86).
- Carleisha Forteau finished seventh in the 200 meter dash with a time of 26.10 seconds.
- Alyssa Brehler (17:52.51), Courtney Hawkins (18:11.16), and Kelly Iocca (18:14.23) each earned points for the Rams in the 5000 meter.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of Chelsea Lee, Camille Bertholon, Saige Grazia, and Bailey Thayer finished third with a time of 9:55.24.
The Rams return to the track next weekend to compete in the UMass Quad Meet on Saturday, April 7. Events are scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m.