Holy Cross Invitational
College of the Holy Cross - Worcester, Mass.
The Rhode Island women's track and field team finished second at the Holy Cross Invitational Saturday. The Rams finished with 146 team points, behind host Holy Cross who won the meet with 204 team points.
Highlights from the Track
- Greta Scott won the 200 meter dash in 24.61 seconds. Keilan Nova (25.09 seconds), Dominique Twombly (25.48 seconds), Bethany DeLoof (25.57 seconds) and Carleisha Forteau (25.63 seconds) also placed for the Rams.
- Twombly finished sixth in the 100 meter dash with a time of 12.34 seconds. Forteau finished ninth in 12.48 seconds.
- Mikaila Amerantes won the 400 meter dash in 55.91 seconds. DeLoof (57.47 seconds), Nova (57.90 seconds), and Kelly MacDonnell (58.07 seconds) also placed for Rhody.
- Kristina MacLure won the 400 meter hurdles in 1:02.13.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of MacLure, Scott, Nova, and Twombly placed second with a time of 47.63 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of MacLure, Amerantes, Gabrielle Curtis, and Scott finished first in 3:51.30.
- Shelby Aarden finished third in the 1500 meters with a time of 4:43.90.
- Jackie Burr finished sixth in the 5000 meter clocking in at 18:25.31.
- Breann Burns won the 100 meter hurdles in 14.49 seconds.
- Tiffany Jenkins finished seventh in the high jump after clearing 1.52 meters.
- Jessica Ippolitto placed third in the pole vault with a mark of 3.35 meters.
- Rebecca O'Donnell won the triple jump with a mark of 11.65 meters.
- Samantha Andrews finished second in the discus (39.15 meters).
- Lysah Russell (51.91 meters) and Molly Botts (51.75 meters) finished second and third in the hammer throw.
- Julia Campezato finished second in the javelin with a throw of 41.17 meters. Leah Wolf placed third (36.58 meters).