FAIRFAX, VA. - Rhode Island collected 57.7 team points in day two of the 2019 Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship, good for fifth place. VCU defended its title, winning the Championship with 136 team points.
Team Standings - 20 Events Scored
1. VCU 136
2. George Mason 120.5
3. Massachusetts 95
4. Richmond 78.2
5. Rhode Island 76.2
6. Duquesne 73
7. Dayton 49.5
8. Davidson 46.2
9. Fordham 36
10. La Salle 35
11. Saint Louis 20.2
12. St. Joseph's 11.2
13. George Washington 2
- Lotte Black was crowned champion twice. She won the mile in 4:52.18. Her winning time of 2:49.08 in the 1000 meter was an Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship meet record.
- Mikaila Amerantes placed second in the 500 meter dash. She earned silver in a time of 1:13.63.
- Kristina MacLure was runner-up in the 60 meter hurdles in 8.63 seconds. MacLure also finished seventh in the 60 meter dash final in 7.75 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Kelly MacDonnell, Kristina MacLure, Gabby Curtis, and Mikaila Amerantes was second in 3:46.65.
- The 4x800 meter relay team off Natalie Sopchak, Chelsea Lee, Bailey Thayer, and Saige Grazia finished seventh in 9:22.84.
- Elania Hobbs was sixth in the high jump after clearing 1.60 meters. Sara James also earned points for the Rams, tying for eighth after clearing 1.55 meters.
ICYMI: Day One Results
- Jessica Ippolitto finished third in the pole vault, earning the Rams points after clearing 3.50 meters.
- In the weight throw, Rhode Island had four rake in team points, including Nicole Valdez who finished third (16.10m), Molly Botts in fifth (15.54), Samantha Andrews was seventh (15.28m), and Noelya Delacruz in eighth (15.06m).