George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex - Storrs, Conn.
Rhode Island women's track and field finished third at the UConn Northeast Challenge with 76 points. Host Connecticut took the crown with 198.33 points.
Highlights from the Track
- Leah Wolf won the javelin with a mark of 45.36 meters. Julia Campezato was fourth (40.24m).
- Lotte Black placed second in the 800 meters in 2:08.95.
- Gabrielle Curtis finished fourth in the 400 meter hurdles (1:02.45) and Trinity Smith was sixth (1:04.63).
- Kelly MacDonnell was third in the 200 meters in 25.10 seconds.
- Jessica Ippolitto placed third in the pole vault after clearing 3.38 meters.
- The 4x100m relay team of Kristina MacLure, Kelly MacDonnell, Ciara French, and Mikaila Amerantes was third in 47.58 seconds.
- Molly Botts finished fifth in the hammer with a throw of 51.71 meters. Nicole Valdez was seventh with a mark of 50.60 meters.
- Kristina MacLure was fifth in the 100 meter hurdles in 14.23 seconds.
- MacLure placed third in the 400 meter (55.70s) and Mikaila Amerantes was fourth (56.07s).
- Lexi Luna earned points for the Rams in the 100 meter dash, placing sixth in 12.23 seconds.
- The 4x400m relay team of Kelly MacDonnell, Kristina MacLure, Bethany DeLoof and Mikaila Amerantes placed second in 3:46.53.
Rhody travels to compete in the larry Ellis Invitational next Friday and Saturday, April 19-20 beginning at 10:00 a.m. at Weaver Stadium in Princeton, N.Y.