Holy Cross Invitational
Track & Field Complex - Worcester, MA
Rhode Island placed second at the Holy Cross Invitational Saturday. The Rams finished with 155 team points, behind host Holy Cross who took the crown with 200 points.
Highlights from the Track
- Molly Botts won the hammer throw with a Rhode Island-best 52.45 meters. Nicole Valdez placed second with a throw of 49.16 meters, and Ashley O'Loughlin was fifth (45.92m).
- Julia Campezato won the javelin with a mark of 39.67 meters.
- Rhody took the first five finishers in the 200 meters. Kelly MacDonnell placed first (25.12s) while Carleisha Forteau was second (25.18s), Xiana Twombly was third (25.23s), Bethany DeLoof finished fourth (25.25s) and Mikaila Amerantes was fifth (25.26s).
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Gabrielle Curtis, Trinity Smith, Natalie Sopchak, and Kristina MacLure won in 3:51.21.
- Ciara French finished fourth in the 100 meters in 12.58 seconds.
- Amerantes won the 400 meters in 55.51 seconds, while MacDonnell was second (56.62s) and DeLoof was third (56.94s).
- Shelby Aarden finished fourth in the 1500 meters in 4:52.72.
- Camille Bertholon was third in the 5000 meters with a time of 18:41.27.
- Kristina MacLure won the 100 meter hurdles in 13.99 seconds. Trinity Smith was second (14.27s), Gabrielle Curtis was third (14.70s), and Ciara French was sixth (14.92s).
- Ashley Evans placed third in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 11:34.79.
- The 4xx100 meter relay team of MacLure, MacDonnell, French, and Amerantes place second in 47.54 seconds.
- Jessica Ippolitto was second in the pole vault after clearing 3.55 meters.
Larry Ellis Invitational
Weaver Track & Field Stadium - Princeton, N.J.
Highlights from Competition