Stonehill Skyhawk Invitational
W.B. Mason Stadium - Easton, Mass.
Rhode Island won the Stonewall Skyhawk Invitational on Saturday with 151.50 points. The Rams eased past Holy Cross (126.50 pts), Boston College (125 pts), host Stonehill (105.50 pts), and Assumption (50.50 pts).
Highlights from the Competition
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Kristina MacLure, Kelly MacDonnell, Ciara French, and Lexi Luna won in 47.88 seconds.
- Rhody took the 1-2-3 in the 100 meter hurdles. MacLure finished first (14.16s), Smith was second (14.69s), and French placed third (14.70s).
- MacLure also won the 400 meter hurdles in 1:00.95. Gabrielle Curtis placed second (1:03.81) and Smith was fifth (1:05.75).
- MacDonnell finished fourth for the Rams in the 100 meter dash in 12.58 seconds. Mikaila Amerantes (12.69s) and French (12.70s) also earned points for Rhody, finishing seventh and eighth.
- Amerantes placed second in the 200 meter dash with a time of 25.73 seconds. Xiana Twombly was sixth in 26.39 seconds.
- Molly Botts won the hammer throw with a mark of 53.18 meters. Samantha Andrews was second (49.46m), Nicole Valdez was fourth (49.01m), and Ashley O'Loughlin was sixth (46.37m).
- Bolu Taiwo earned points for the Rams in the high jump, finishing sixth after clearing 1.55 meters.
- The 4x800 meter relay team of Chelsea Lee, Natalie Sopchak, Saige Grazia, and Alyssa Brehler placed second in 9:54.36.
- Julia Campezato placed second in the javelin (39.51m) and Leah Wolf was fourth (38.20m).
- Jessica Ippolitto placed third in the pole vault after clearing 3.40 meters.
- Kayla Ezeama was sixth in the triple jump with a mark of 10.35 meters.
- Camille Bertholon (10:46.82) and Ashley Evans (10:49.56) earned points for the Rams, finishing fourth and fifth in the 3000 meters.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of MacDonnell, MacLure, Bethany DeLoof, and Amerantes placed second in 3:57.53.
The Rams head to Amherst to compete in the Atlantic 10 Outdoor Championship next Saturday, May 4. Competition is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.