Posted: Oct 06, 2016
- The Rams stayed undefeated in Atlantic 10 play last weekend, sweeping George Mason on Friday and George Washington on Saturday. Rhody is now 4-0 in conference play, and has yet to lose a set against A-10 competition.
- Senior Callan Kinnan earned Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week honors for her performances against the Patriots and the Colonials. She registered a total of 74 assists last weekend, including a double-double against George Mason (29 assists/14 digs) and 45 assists in a three-set match against George Washington.
- URI ranks third in the A-10 in hitting percentage (.219) and in blocks per set (2.28).
- The Rams are also fifth in the league in services aces per set (1.41).
- Individually, Kinnan ranks second in the conference in assists per set (10.33) and is tied for 82nd in the nation with 589 total.
- Kinnan also became the first Rhode Island player in the rally-scoring era to surpass 4,000 career assists, reaching the milestone in Saturday's match at GW. She joins Jessica Salmans (1994-97) as the lone Rams in the 4,000 assist club.
- Senior Layne Self leads the conference and ranks 28th nationally with 1.35 blocks per set. She also ranks third in the league with a .397 hitting percentage.
- Senior Audrey Castro enters the weekend ranked fourth in the A-10 with 3.56 kills per set while junior Sam Roberts is 10th in hitting percentage (.272).
- The Flyers lead the all-time series against the Rams, 30-10, with Dayton prevailing in 24 of the last 25 meetings.
- Dayton enters the match with a 16-1 overall record and is second in the conference standings behind URI at 3-0.
- The Flyers have been receiving national attention, collecting 26 votes in the latest AVCA Coaches Top 25 poll. Only Utah received more votes (29) and didn't make the Top 25.
- In its lone match last weekend, Dayton picked up a 3-0 sweep at Saint Louis.
- The Flyers come in to Kingston ranked first in the conference in hitting percentage (.282), assists per set (13.86) and kills per set (14.72).
- Individually, Jessica Sloan leads the team with 286 kills and 19 aces. She also is first in the conference with 4.00 kills per set.
- Jane Emmenecker is the Flyers' assist leader with 570. She is also the conference leader in assists per set, and the only player ahead of Kinnan, with 10.75.
- Margo Wolf has a team-best 302 digs, and ranks second in the conference with 5.21 digs per set.
- Amber Erhahon is Dayton's top blocker, tallying 53 total blocks.
Scouting Saint Louis
- The Billikens enter the weekend with a 7-11 record.
- Before traveling to Rhode Island, Saint Louis will play at Fordham on Friday night.
- SLU holds a 17-4 edge in the all-time series against Rhode Island.
- The Rams have dropped four of their last five matches to Saint Louis, including a 3-0 loss in the second round of last year's A-10 Championship.
- In their lone match last weekend, the Billikens fell to Dayton, 3-0, at home.
- As a team, the SLU ranks fifth in the A-10 in hitting percentage (.205), kills per set (12.46) and assists per set (11.60).
- Individually, Danielle Rygelski leads her team - as well as the conference - in total kills (373) and kills per set (5.74).
- Camilla Rivas and Ashley Gagen lead the team with 320 and 313 assists, respectively.
- Defensively, Mackenzie Long has recorded a team-high 249 digs, and ranks sixth in the conference in digs per set (3.83).