How It Happened
Rhode Island didn't waste any time with La Salle, beating them in straight sets by scores of 25-19, 25-12 and 25-16 Friday night.
The Rams (11-8, 6-1 A-10) hit an impressive .404 as a team, committing just eight errors while tallying 44 kills in 89 attacks. Rhody did not have more than three errors in any set, as they were efficient with their offensive attack. By contrast, La Salle (8-13, 0-6 A-10) had a .176 hitting percentage, making 14 errors with just 30 kills in 91 attacks.
Rhody was able to make quick business of La Salle, sweeping them in an hour and seven minutes.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Audrey Castro earned her fourth double-double of the season, posting 15 kills and 14 digs in the match. She also had the highest hitting percentage in the match for Rhode Island at .560.
- Senior Callan Kinnan dished out 34 assists in the three sets. This is her fourth match in a row where she has 30 or more assists.
- Junior Sam Roberts had eight kills and three digs in the victory.
- Senior Layne Self had six kills on 10 attacks and only two errors, giving her a .400 hitting percentage.
- Sophomore Olivia Budinich had the second-most digs on the team in the match, recording seven.
- Junior Kylee Wolfe had seven kills and three digs.
- Kinnan, Self and sophomore Lauren Pick each recorded a service ace.
Stat of the Match
9 – The victory was the Rams' ninth consecutive victory over the Explorers. The last time Rhode Island lost to La Salle was in a five-set match on Oct. 1, 2011.
Rhode Island travels to Duquesne Sunday, Oct. 16. The match begins at 1 p.m.