How it Happened
Rhode Island was swept by La Salle for the second time this season, falling 3-0 Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia. The Rams managed just 23 kills through three sets while the Explorers racked up 37.
It was back-and-forth play through much of the first set. After pulling ahead 5-4, Rhody played from behind for the rest of the match, despite tying the score at 17-17 and 18-18. From there, however, the Explorers closed things out with a 7-1 push for the 25-19 win.
It was all La Salle the rest of the was as URI managed just 11 points in the second set and 10 in the third.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Gabrielle Shilling led the Rams with eight kills on the afternoon.
- Seniors Lauren Pick and Olivia Budinich each had a team-best eight digs. Pick also added 19 assists.
- Freshman Mariah Paulette had two of Rhody's four block assists, as well as four kills.
- Redshirt sophomore Natale Zanellato finished with six kills.
- Sophomoe Annie Ell had the lone service ace of the day for the Rams. La Salle combined for six.
- The Explorers also converted 64% of their sideout opportunities while Rhody was just 25-for-73 (34%).
- As a team, Rhode Island finished with a .019 attack percentage. La Salle was .263.
Rhode Island is back in action next weekend when it hosts Fordham at 6 p.m.