How it Happened
Rhode Island fell to Army West Point in four sets Sunday, concluding play at the Army Invitational with a 1-2 record.
The Rams dropped the first set 25-20, but bounced back with a 25-22 win in the second set. The Black Knights squeaked past URI in the third set, 25-23, before ending things with a 25-16 win in the fourth.
Overall, Army recorded 57 kills while Rhody combined for 41. The Black Knights also held the advantage in service aces (7-3), blocks (13-10) and digs (65-61).
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Gabrielle Shilling led Rhode Island with 14 kills and just one error on 27 swings (.481).
- Sophomore Ella Ratzloff recorded a match-high 21 digs while also adding five assists.
- Freshman Adel Gage also finished with double-digit digs, registering 11 on the afternoon.
- Freshman Gillian Klise led posted a team-high eight blocks, including one solo. She also had four kills and a pair of digs.
- Freshman Claire Wagner had nine kills, five digs and one service ace.
- Junior Annie Ell led all players with 34 assists while also recording nine digs and one service ace.
- Redshirt junior Natale Zanellato finished with seven kills, four digs and a pair of block assists.
The Rams are back in action next weekend when they travel to Cambridge for the Harvard Invitational.