How it Happened
Rhode Island fell in three sets to Atlantic 10 power VCU Sunday afternoon, 25-16, 25-19, 25-14.
URI (7-17, 2-9 A-10) never led by more than one point in any set as VCU (21-5, 12-0 A-10) was simply too much. The visiting Rams hit .389 as a team. More impressively, they recorded kills on more than half of their swings, getting 46 kills in 90 total attacks.
The efficiency led to a balanced attack for VCU, as no player had more than 10 kills.
With the loss, Rhode Island was officially eliminated from postseason contention.
Inside the Box Score
- Before the match, seniors Hazel Brown and Jenna McGuire were honored by the team. It was the final home match of their careers.
- Also honored was senior team manager Alaina Capasso.
- Brown led Rhode Island with a match-high 11 kills. No other player had more than four.
- URI had 28 kills and 16 errors.
- VCU had an advantage in digs, 41-29.
- The visitors recorded sideouts on 72.5 percent of their opportunities. Rhody did so on 47.9 percent of its chances.
The Rams travel to take on George Mason Friday, Nov. 15. The match begins at 7 p.m.